Ani Alvarez Calderon
PRET A PORTER PARIS, The heart of fashion, increases the number of visitors.
44 236 visitors (total figures rather than all fairs added together) representing an
increase of 6% against September 2007 (41 437).
The common Fashion Pass was a notable success, making visiting the different fairs
easier and creating a more convivial spirit.
THE FAIR OF REFERENCE
- Official inaugurations by Monsieur Hervé Novelli, French Secretary of State for
commerce, crafts, small and medium-sized businesses, tourism and services; by
Monsieur Bertrand Delanoé, the Mayor of Paris, with Madame Lyne Cohen-Solal, the
Deputy to the Mayor of Paris, in charge of business, arts, crafts and independent
professions, and by Monsieur Christian Sautter, Deputy to the Mayor, in charge of
employment, economic development and international attractiveness.
- A breakfast debate with Madame Anne-Marie Idrac, Secretary of State for foreign
- The signing of a partnership between the French Federation of Prêt-à-porter and
the Brazilian Firjan
- Peruvian fashion shows for "Pima cotton"
- The Danish New Gen with Dansk
- A not-to-be-missed selection by the hyper-sharp English On/Off
THE LABELS CHOOSE PRET A PORTER PARIS TO CREATE THEIR OWN EVENT
- 100 years of Lee Cooper
- Label anniversaries
- The sandals by Ipanema / Gisele Bündchen, a partner to the catwalks
Explosion de Modes
THE FASHION ARTS CULTURE CIRCUIT
- Explosion de Modes, a trends space of more than 400m2 on the theme of
COLORTHEQUE (Trends Cahier by request).
- 16 fashion shows
- Exhibitions by the magazines VOGUE, STREETWEAR, & l'OFFICIEL
- The beauty discovery corners
- The Boutique Performante
STRATEGY & FAIRS 2009
PRÊT À PORTER PARIS from 30th January 2009 to 2nd February 2009 at Paris
Expo, Porte de Versailles (Paris).
Concerning the 2nd semester of 2009, the presence of an important women’s fashion
event has been confirmed for July, despite the desisting of Who’s Next, reversing of
the common decision announced on the 15th January 2008. The pavilions of the
Porte de Versailles will thus remain available. Given the proximity of these two dates,
a very interesting debate has already started between the organisation and exhibitors
to ensure that this new strategy is a success.